Thursday, October 26, 2006

a new scarf for me

My International Scarf Exchange package arrived in the mail this morning, and I absolutely adore my new scarf!
It's a beautiful dark blue, and it looks great with my blue and grey coat. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk, and it is divinely soft. The stitch pattern is beautiful. My pal, Joan, did such an excellent job on this! I have already worn it, and my best friend noticed it right away when we met for lunch.
Joan included other goodies as well: Cast-On magazine, fancy chocolate-covered Oreos, some yummy-smelling Savannah Bee Company honey hand lotion, a neat flower lollipop, and a skein of some beautiful and unusual yarn.Mango Moon Bali Sky, in 3302 Dawn.
So gorgeous! I think it's made from recycled sarongs.
It deserves a very special project!
Joan carries this yarn in her online yarn shop, The Local Needle.
One more pic of my new scarf

No comments: