Sunday, October 29, 2006

in the kitchen

The cinnamony aroma of fall baking is in the air this weekend. Yesterday it was Everyday Food's Ginger Pumpkin Bread. I was inspired to make this by Alicia. It is not only delicious, but also easy to make. Adding bits of crystallized ginger would improve the recipe. (NB: photo credit goes to Everyday Food and the Martha crew; I'm not too into food styling yet)

This afternoon my friend Suzy and I are having a joint baking session. The to-bake list includes:

- Lunch Box Apple Cake
  • - Pumpkin Custard Bar Cookies

- Easy Baked Applesauce

I had to explain to my friend Bryan the other night what blondies are. He had never heard of them! Shocking, I tell you.

Recipes for the upcoming week include:

- Polenta Lasagna. I add sun-dried tomatoes, Tabasco sauce, and cayenne pepper.

- Leek and Goat Cheese Focaccia, from Jeanne Lemlin's Main Course Vegetarian Pleasures, a favorite cookbook (in spite of its awful title).

- Black-Bean Quesadillas with Goat Cheese. Once again, I add plenty of cayenne pepper!

2 comments:

Karin said...

Wow is that ever a gorgeous picture. I should really bake some nice fall bread sometime soon now that I think of it!

Karin said...

RYN: Sounds good about the trip. As long as it fits in with my schedule (odds are it should, I don't think I have any weekend committments outside of Thanksgiving) I would absolutely love to go. Madison is a great city.

I'll ask my friend Erika too. She was at that knitting party I threw last winter. I already showed her the exhibit and she thought it was pretty cool too.