Tuesday, October 24, 2006

48 things

I've seen this meme all over the place, so here's another.

48 things you probably never wanted to know in the first place

1. FIRST NAME? Jodi

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I can't make it through a movie (or a fight) without crying. I cried while watching The Horse Whisperer last Sat. night. Hey, the movie was my parents' choice.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, it's neat and easy to read.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Very thinly sliced Boar's Head ham

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I certainly hope so!

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Just a blog.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No way, I'm afraid of heights.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Special K

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes, but I wear clogs and sandals as much as possible, so it's not always an issue.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I'm one tough broad. On a more serious note, I am strong emotionally and surprisingly strong physically as well.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Chocolate peanut butter. Oooh... Godiva Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, too. And Ben and Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie. I guess I like ice cream :-)

14. SHOE SIZE? US 9

15. RED OR PINK? Red! Either dark red or bright UW Badgers red.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I have a hard time with my weight.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I'm not sure.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Not unless they feel like it.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black microfleece yoga pants (best Old Navy product ever!), black microfleece pullover, and black and grey striped socks. No shoes for me!

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? A little Mexican fiesta that I cooked up for dinner. Bean and chicken enchiladas, roasted corn and bell pepper salad, tortilla chips with guacamole and salsa, and margaritas.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? An old compilation CD -- MTV 120 Minutes Never Mind the Mainstream (Vol. 1). The current song is fabulous -- "Ana Ng" by They Might Be Giants.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? indigo

23. FAVORITE SMELL? Right now it's the White Barn Candle Company "Creamy Nutmeg" candle that's burning right next to me. Usually it's the smell of clean sheets!

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My best friend.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes! And smiles.

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? Well, I saw many knitbloggers doing this one.

27. FAVORITE DRINK? Gin and tonic, my friend Bryan's excellent margaritas, Green Mountain Coffee, Candy Cane Lane Tea (by Celestial Seasonings)

28. FAVORITE SPORT? Sports? Me? I think not. On second thought, I take that back. I love to ice skate.

29. EYE COLOR? Dark blue

30. HAT SIZE? large

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? about half the time.

32. FAVORITE FOOD? Pizza, my mom's Swedish Kringler Bars

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings. I'm a sucker for Sixteen Candles.

34. IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHERE WOULD THAT BE? Madison, Wisconsin or Boulder, Colorado

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter all the way!

36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs.

37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Tiramisu. Mom's Swedish Kringler Bars

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? hmmm...

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? hmmm...

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Here Be Dragons, by Sharon Kay Penman; Senecan Drama and Stoic Cosmology, by Thomas Rosenmeyer; Against Depression, by Peter Kramer

41. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? a mouse

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Antiques Roadshow. Once again, please bear in mind that I was visiting my parents. I actually saw part of the Lawrence Welk Show with them on Saturday.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Kylie Cat snoring.

44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles!

45. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? Australia

46. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Latin

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Edina, MN

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Stolen from the knitblogging community, Karin in particular.

No comments: