Tuesday, October 31, 2006

christmas cross-stitch overload

I love stitching little ornament projects. The problem is that I only enjoy the stitching, not the finishing. Over the years this tendency has resulted in a boatload of little, tiny, unfinished WIPs. Last time I visited my parents my mother cleared all of these projects out of storage and told me to take them away.

So what did I do? I joined a couple holiday ornament swaps, hoping that this will provide me with the long-overdue impetus to finish these babies off.

Exhibit A: Wintry wonderland little blue ornaments


Exhibit B: Cute and cheery bird and Santas.
Exhibit C: Old-fashioned hearts. These are going to be awful to finish off because of their odd shape.

Exhibit D: At least this is a big one! The kitty needs to go into a frame or be made into a pillow. I started this MANY years ago; so long ago, in fact, that I no longer like it. Alas...

3 comments:

KnitterBunny said...

They look great though.

Karin said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous. I did not know you were such a talented cross-stitcher too.

Mia said...

When you figure out how to finish off your little ornaments, would you be willing to finish up mine as well? ;)

I have the same problem but I also do needlepoint and I have way too many quilt tops waiting to be quilted as well. But at least when we finish up knitted items, such as socks, they are done....