Saturday, December 15, 2007

ADD Crafting

All the holiday crafting is driving me a little nuts. Not everything will get done, and that's just how it goes. I'm having gauge troubles with any project that involves making two of something -- mostly mittens and sleeves. End-of-quarter stress combined with varying degrees of wrist issues leads to weird tension.

One project that I am very motivated to finish is a little something for a baby shower:
The Cashmere Teddy Bear from Erika Knight's Special Knits for Cherished Babies. The yarn is Elann Peruvian Baby Cashmere (one of my favorites), and the knitting went very quickly.

My order from Oceanwind Knits appeared on my doorstep a bit ago. The yarn is so beautiful and so darn soft. I love how subtle the colors are.If you like indie dyers and colorways that aren't too flashy, I highly recommend giving Lori's yarns a try. You can sign up for her new sock club, too. I didn't renew my membership for Sundara's new Seasons club because it was just too expensive, so hopefully this will fill the gap.

The Mmm.. Hot Cocoa Swap opens up sign ups tomorrow. This looks like a lot of fun, especially since it involves knitting a cute little critter.

No comments: