Friday, June 15, 2007

talk about gettin' lucky

I'm on a roll! Jen, the Woolgirl herself, sent me two skeins of Liisu Yarns' new Waves of Memories colorway from her blog contest. What beautiful yarn! It's 75% superwash merino, 25% mohair, and it feels so nice. I love the mohair glow. Thanks, Jen! BTW, Woolgirl has tons of great yarns in stock, and Jen packages everything so nicely and often throws in little goodies.
A Knitter's Tea Swap package arrived from Kaetlyn today, and it is just perfect. There are three delicious teas from Alice's Tea Cup. I'm drinking a cup of High Noon, a hibiscus blend right now, and it is so yummy. She sent a card from Buffalo, her hometown, as well as shortbread, super cute cookies, taffy (which I didn't even know that I liked -- now it's almost gone), and a bag of Big League Chew, partly in reference to the fact that I live pretty much within spitting distance of Wrigley Field. And the yarn! Cascade 220 in a lovely green and a deep plum, as well as Kraemer Yarns in a beautiful cherry red -- my favorite (non-blue) colors exactly. Thanks, Kaetlyn!
I *heart* cables. The little Kai sweater is knitting up very quickly. 1.5 sleeves to go, then all the finishing.

No comments: