Saturday, June 30, 2007

kharma

Remember how lucky I have been lately? The trend continues! Sarah at The Plucky Knitter sent me this beautiful skein of incredibly soft merino sock yarn in the most gorgeous shades of blue.
Varsity Blues
Sarah's a new indie dyer, and she has an amazing eye for color, especially for subtle variations in dreamy shades. Check out her Etsy shop!

Simultaneously teaching summer session and starting a new job while trying to work on my research has been exhausting. I'm half done with my second Waterloose sock, and I need to cast on for the Sockapalooza socks ASAP. The Kai cable pullover just needs seaming and finishing.

I have been puttering around in the kitchen some (when it isn't too hot). This recipe for Rhubarb Streusel Bread turned out quite well -- moist and fruity, with a little cinnamon-sugar crunch.

No comments: