Thursday, June 07, 2007

random musings

This post is kind of a mishmash. It has been that type of week.

I spent last week pondering a job offer from a scholarly journal in my field. After much debate, I decided to take it. Pro = more $ for yarn; con = less time for knitting. It will be a good (and hopefully inspiring) experience, and it shouldn't cut into my studies too much since it's not full-time.

BTW, I installed Haloscan the other day and lost all my comments! What a bummer.

- The first Waterloose sock just needs to be kitchenered. I'm halfway done with the last sleeve on the baby sweater, too.

- Today is our fourth wedding anniversary! I can't believe it has been that long. Paul makes me very happy, and I feel so lucky to have him in my life. (Note the wedding photo above)

- Williams-Sonoma now features a stainless steel Kegerator in their catalog. Does that strike anyone else as odd?
- Ravelry rocks. It's awesome to see what people are knitting, and it's a great way to get organized (and waste time). Feel free to friend me! My handle is jmharaldson -- clearly I didn't put much thought into that choice, but whatever.

- Cats are very strange beasts. Does this strike you as a comfortable way to sleep? Not me. - I love following the progress of the little gnomes in the Knitting Gnome Swap. So much whimsy! I'm all about the whimsy. I can't wait for a little guy to show up on my doorstep.

- Have you heard about Paperback Book Swap? What a great idea. I just signed up, sent out my first few books, and am waiting for a few to come my way. Mia, this might be the perfect solution to your book overload.

No comments: