Tuesday, January 02, 2007

bunny ears on new year's eve

Here I am, holding Baby Emma as she models the bunny beanie that I knit a couple months ago. What a cutie! This hat and the shawl collar sweater from Debbie Bliss's Special Knits for Babies are my 2006 knitting favorites.

Old Man Winter came through for me on New Year's Eve, delivering a few inches of snow to the Twin Cities. It made for a great start for 2007. The lake was not frozen solid enough for skating, but there was still a fabulous lakefront fireworks display.

I'm back in Chicago now, sadly snowless once again, getting ready for the new quarter to begin. In addition, there are gifts to put away, suitcases to unpack, bathrooms to clean, and groceries to buy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty picture! :) Happy New Year, and I hope settling back in goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget all the knitting that needs to be done! Much more important than cleaning bathrooms...

Cute photo!

Anonymous said...

Love the bunny ears! What a cutie!!

Happy new year! I'm with you on all the stuff I have to catch up on! Eeek! :P

babette said...

AAAhhhhh...so cute

Anonymous said...

Aw! That really is a great pic. She looks adorable in that hat.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you finally got some snow and made it back to Chicago safely. That hat is absolutely adorable...or maybe the adorable child makes the hat even cuter! That seems to happen sometimes. You'll have a couple of pacakes heading your way soon. Hee! Sorry I didn't get anything off before Christmas, but it got a bit insane around these parts.

And I agree that knitting is far more important than cleaning bathrooms!

Happy New Year!

Your SP