Tuesday, August 11, 2009

if you leave...

Ism's, in my opinion, are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus but it still wouldn't change the fact that I don't own a car.
John Hughes' death last week marked the end of an era. I have watched 16 Candles and Ferris Bueller's Day Off so often that the dialogue is permanently emblazoned in my brain.
the ever nerdy yet dreamy Colin Meloy

Much to my delight, the Decemberists reeled off an impromptu version of "If You Leave" at the Metro on the eve of Lollapalooza. They were fabulous! One of the best Decemberists concerts I've attended, and I've been to quite a few. They did not play The Hazards of Love all the way through (which is pretty much standard on this tour), but rather they played a set-list voted on by fans on the interwebs. "Red Right Ankle," baby! Two rather decorative-seeming girls were on stage for much of the show, clapping rhythmically, swaying strangely, singing some background vocals, etc. They seemed quite unnecessary and distracting... until they got to a cover of Heart's "Crazy On You." Yep, Shara Worden and Becky Starck can really sing. I had to eat my words, and they must sing a lot more in the full-on Hazards shows.
--------------------------------------
A feather and fan scarf is in the works to coordinate with my Beanpole Beanie.
The yarn's Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Pagoda, and the pattern's Misty Garden from Scarf Style. Not that you really need a pattern for a feather and fan scarf...
--------------------------------------
PSA: If you somehow acquire a sofa that's upholstered in Schumacher cut velvet (whatever that means), be prepared to cover it up with a quilt pretty much 24/7. Sigh.

No comments: