Friday, August 21, 2009

21 songs

Tentenknits and cocoknits posted their top 21 favorite songs today, and I'm following suit. This is pretty unscientific and off the cuff, as I didn't even look at iTunes. Like Nicole, I'm pretty sure this list would be different on any given day.
  1. There's a Light that Never Goes Out, The Smiths
  2. Skyway, The Replacements
  3. Fall on Me, R.E.M.
  4. Running to Stand Still, U2
  5. I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man, Prince
  6. People Got a Lotta of Nerve, Neko Case
  7. Red Right Ankle, The Decemberists
  8. Laid, James
  9. Valerie Loves Me, Material Issue
  10. Boxful of Letters, Wilco
  11. I Will Follow You into the Dark, Death Cab for Cutie
  12. Cecelia, Simon & Garfunkel
  13. Get Me Away from Here, I'm Dying, Belle & Sebastian
  14. Train in Vain, The Clash
  15. Hope I Never Lose My Wallet, Mighty Mighty Bosstones
  16. Anchorage, Michelle Shocked
  17. See a Little Light, Bob Mould
  18. Mrs. Potter's Lullaby, Counting Crows
  19. Pictures of You, The Cure
  20. Love My Way, The Psychedelic Furs
  21. Furr, Blitzen Trapper

--------------------------------------------

PSA for those of you in the Chicago area, the Music Box Theatre is showing 16 Candles as a midnight movie both tonight and Saturday. "Life is not whatnot, and it's none of your business"

No comments: