Sunday, February 08, 2009

Mmmmalabrigo madness

Finally, a Just Enough Ruffles scarf for me. It was hard to give the last two away, so now I have one of my very own. I love this shade of Malabrigo -- Pigeon, a very soft light grey-ish blue. It made for great comfort knitting while watching a couple "guilty pleasures" movies, Music and Lyrics and Love Actually.
-----------------------
My cowlneck sweater, almost a year in the making, is finally off the needles.
The horizontal stripes produced by the variegated yarn aren't very flattering, but the fit is absolutely perfect, and it's soft and cozy. Lessons learned:
1) don't use variegated yarn for sweaters
2) it's well worth the time to measure sweaters that fit me well AND to swatch carefully :-)
3) adding some extra length was a great idea

There's still finishing work to be done, then I'll post a modeled picture.

No comments: