Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My second Silk Garden Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl is all washed and blocked, at long last. It's amazing how quickly the knitting went -- under a week -- and how much I dawdle at giving projects the final touches. The colors didn't knit up exactly as I had envisioned, but that's part of Noro's mystique. You never really know what Mr. Noro has in store for you!
Pattern: Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl, by Sarah Bradberry
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden, #224C, 5 skeins
Needles: US 9 Clover bamboo circs

Notes: 5 skeins resulted in a very useful size. I'm happy with the results, even if the colors aren't exactly what I imagined! Next time I would bind off a bit more loosely and be more careful about blocking the nicely curved edges.

While in Minnesota over the weekend, I met up with Chris of Stumbling over Chaos fame! We whiled away part of a rainy afternoon knitting, chatting, and drinking delicious Peace coffee. She had all sorts of excellent recommendations for independent bookstores in Minneapolis, and it was great to meet in person.
Things I learned on my weekend travels:
- Fall truly is here. Some of the trees in WI are sporting beautiful foliage, and there are all sorts of wildflowers and shrubbery I'd never noticed before.
- It's much easier not to speed when you're driving a friend's 14-year old Mercury Mystique that has its "check engine" light flash on every time you go up and down a hill or you hit 70. Terror!

No comments: