Saturday, September 06, 2008

do you believe in magic?

Magic loop, that is.
I can't believe I waited so long to try this technique. Not only does it seem faster, it also seems easier on my hands and wrists. The pattern is Dublin Bay Socks, and the yarn is DIC Smooshy that I absolutely couldn't resist because of the colorway's name -- in vino veritas. Yep, the combination of Latin and yarn is like a siren's song. Plus Dream in Color is dyed locally right here in Illinois. Inspired by Sarah's Knit Local project, I'm making an effort to support local yarn producers. There's even a Ravelry group.

Kylie has been a little pissed that I've been buckling down on my diss. proposal before the new quarter starts. I've been taking up her valuable office chair space! BTW, the study/yarnville reorganization project went swimmingly. I'll post pics soon.

Now I just need to pack some car knitting, as I'm off to Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival this morning!

No comments: