Tuesday, June 24, 2008

read. knit. repeat.

Father's Day weekend found me in beautiful Minneapolis. Perfect weather made for a relaxing weekend -- going for walks, sitting on the patio, visiting family, and playing with dogs. I almost had a stowaway on my trip!
Yep, that's Kylie cat in action.
When I visit home without Paul, I revert to my old ways. Lots and lots of books.Here's the cream of the crop from my past couple weeks of reading. All of these I highly recommended. Cryptonomicon is Paul's favorite, and Staggerford is by Jon Hassler, a Minnesota author. Alicia (Posie gets cozy) is also reading the Mary Stewart books right now. They're quite charming and definitely a product of their times.

More blue ("air" ) knits in progress:
Take 2 of Plain or Flowery Slippers
Mission Falls 1824 wool, aster


Take 2 of my owl vest pattern
This time I'm using Rowan wool cotton, my new favorite yarn for baby knits. If only it weren't so pricey! I picked up these 2 balls from Laura's destash a while back. I had to go down a needle size (4) to get a fabric I liked. The first version was knit with Elann's Peruvian Luxury Merino Superwash, a pretty thick DK-weight. So while DK works for the pattern, I wouldn't recommend sportweight after all, and I think you could easily get by with a worsted weight yarn like Cotton-Ease or Comfy.

No comments: