Monday, January 14, 2008

orangey goodness

There's nothing like a bowl of juicy citrus to drive away the winter blues...
So maybe it's just citrus colored yarn, but still... Sarah and I headed over to Loopy to check out their 40% off sale yesterday, and I made out like a bandit with 5 skeins of Rowan Cashsoft 4-ply in Ginger, as well as enough navy Silky Wool for a sweater (maybe Basic Black?):
I've been reading proofs all day, and the one thing that kept me going was my fabulous new Bialetti stovetop cappuccino maker:
It creates marvelous foam, and all the hissing and whirring is pretty awesome. I had been wanting an espresso/cappuccino maker for some time, but had neither the space nor the budget for a big fancy one. This is perfect -- space-saving and not budget-breaking (even better, it was a Christmas gift from my in-laws). I hadn't realized just how great an insulation layer cappuccino foam provides! My coffee stays so nice and hot now. You can use it to make lattes, too, but there isn't any cool whirring then.

Anybody catch the new adaptation of Persuasion last night? I thought it was pretty awful. The pacing seemed off -- very jerky. The acting wasn't very good, and it lacked all the subtlety and wit of both the novel and the adaptation from the 90s. What a disappointment! The intro by Gillian Anderson should have tipped me off. What inanities! The entire production was marred by a lack of good judgment and intelligence.

Let's hope Northanger Abbey's better...

No comments: