Friday, January 25, 2008

Le Slouch, L'Ugh

Great texture and color, but not flattering at all. It's destined for the frog pond, as I would love to use this yarn (Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed) for something else.

A trio of hats in the works for my family:
They all requested hats for Christmas, but then promptly decided to buy new coats. So they're getting Valentine's Day hats instead. The dark blue one is my Windy City Hat pattern, which I will share on my blog soon. I just need to futz with the instructions for decreases a bit more.

Leah at Between Stupid & Clever (fellow music lover, foodie, and Dr. Who fan) brightened my morning with a "You Make My Day" award. Have you seen her gorgeous pattern, the Loop Shawl, in Sensual Knits yet? I just need to pick a yarn for it.
Give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times.

There are so many wonderful knitbloggers who inspire me every day. Honestly, every blog I read makes my day a little brighter. But here are 10:

Micki at A Thing for String --- Fabulous sock and a great eye for color
Bobbi at Krafty 1 -- I love her stash-busting "stash bucket"
Mia at Knit & Play with Fire -- More wonderful socks; awesome swapper!
Melissa at Indigo Mouse -- Have you seen her Autumn Rose? Breathtaking.
Melissa at Owl & Acorn -- Her knits always have a great touch of whimsy
Nicole at Cocoknits -- Another person with marvelous color sense
Sarah at Comfort Sphere -- Fellow Jane Austen fan and Chicago knitter!
Heather at The ADD Knitter -- Great combinations of color and texture
Sarah at Blue Garter -- Fabulous designs, especially the ones with historical and literary inspiration
Christy at Neither Hip Nor Funky -- Lots of tweedy, orangey goodness

No comments: