Friday, October 19, 2007

Hattie's Rose Garden

Dropping all those stitches was terrifying, but it worked out quite well in the end! I had to start it at knitting night for the moral support. Many thanks to Ms. Prolix, who dropped the first stitch for me! BTW, her Venezia is coming along beautifully. I wish I had that much knitting skill and patience!

It still needs to be washed and blocked. So far I'm quite pleased. Ideally it would be a bit longer (at least another 100 yds' worth of yarn), but I'm glad to have knit from the stash. This pattern would be lovely as a narrower scarf, too.
Pattern: Hattie's Rose Garden, from Briar Rose Fibers
Yarn: Mountain Colors Alpaca Blend, Wild Raspberry, 1 skein (~440 yds)
Source:
Knit 1
Needles: US8 16" circular Bryspuns

Malabrigo + size 6 needles = bulletproof fabric on my Mr. Greenjeans (but I got gauge!). I'm thinking of frogging, starting over on larger needles, and knitting the next size smaller. I don't want to do anything rash, though!

In the meantime...
Pattern: Midwest Moonlight, from Scarf Style
Yarn: Elann Peruvian Baby Cashmere, Cashmere Blue
Needles: US5 Clover bamboo straights

Elann's Baby Cashmere is one of my favorite yarns -- soft, lovely, and downright affordable. I would like to have pajamas knit out of it! I used the pink for my Falling Water Scarf way back when. Some coordinating Delicato Mitts would be lovely, no?

Everybody Likes Sandwiches
is a recent blog discovery. Great blog, lovely photos, delicious recipes, down-to-earth, what's not to like? I made the Chai-Spiced Apple Oatmeal Bread a couple nights ago. It's easy as can be. Spicy and yummy, not too sweet. Not great for packing in lunches, though, since it's very tender and easily falls apart.

Have fun at Rhinebeck, all you lucky ducks!

No comments: