Sunday, December 10, 2006

another hat



The London Beanie is finito! It turned out fairly well, and the Lang Zoom yarn is quite soft and easy to work with. I'm going to knit another in grey with a blue stripe, and I'll put the stripe closer to the ribbing.

The stats
Pattern: London Beanie, by Mark Thrailkill, modified by Maureen

Yarn: Lang Zoom, a little more than half a skein of light blue and just a tiny bit of light grey

Needles: Clover US 6 16" circs, Clover US 7 16" circs, Brittany birch US 6 dpns (I should have used size 7 dpns, but I don't have any)

Notes: I changed the stripe pattern, and it hits a little too high up on the head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like both of the hats! You reminded me that I need to get knitting on the one I'm making.

Happy end of semester! Ours is quickly coming to a close and I'm looking forward to the break.

How are the temperatures up in that area? Is there still snow on the ground? I'll be heading that way at the end of the week and am looking forward to seeing some white stuff.

SP

Anonymous said...

I love beanie patterns!!! Your photos made me go hunting for a beanie that I made earlier this year and is a Christmas present. I have some yarn left over and I will have to use it up using this pattern/