Monday, August 09, 2010

almost there...

off the needles
Hemlock Ring, in need of a thorough blocking.  That fancy bind-off took freakin' forever, so it had better look awesome when it's blocked.  Knitting this actually went pretty quickly, thanks to a cache of Masterpiece Mystery episodes on the DVR.  Plus it helped immensely to know that Barefoot Rooster was out there knitting a gorgeous brown Hemlock Ring at the same time. ;-)  Knitting camaradarie is the best.
------------------------------------------------------------------
in the kitchen
Pasta with fresh corn pesto, recipe courtesy of Lottie + Doof (adapted from Bon Appetit August 2010). This was amazingly delicious.  I did some tweaking of my own, as we had no bacon in the house.  Instead I just sauteed the corn in a bit of olive oil.  I subbed egg papardelle for the tagliatelle, added extra red chile flakes, and cut back a little bit on the oil.  Yum!  Sorry for the crummy photography -- neither food styling nor using the flash bulb is my strong suit.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------
Craigslist bounty
 
 Major score off Craigslist today!  Paul's picking up one of these Restoration Hardware vintage-style chairs for me as we speak.  I'll post pics in situ very soon.

11 comments:

Rose said...

Wow, you had a great day! The chair is fabulous, the pasta sounds good, and the shawl is quite an accomplishment! Thanks for sharing.

barefootrooster said...

ooooh, i love it. and man, it is enormous! (where/how are you going to block it?!)

that corn pesto looks super yummy, and hooray for sweet craigslist chairs.

Chris said...

That chair is COOL.

elizabeth said...

I am really jealous over that chair! I need two of them for my front porch!

Photographing food is the most challenging thing I've tried and unless it's the time of day where I have great sunlight, I can forget it. But it sure sounds good!

Heather said...

Fun Chair, fun food, fun knitting! I like the idea of knitting while watching mysteries, good idea.

sula said...

Success, all around! What a day! Can't wait to see it blocked (I know, I'm a greedy task master).

Mia said...

Can't wait to see it blocked. And tinkering with a recipe is normal, isn't it? I mean I always tinker with recipes.

Katie M. said...

The hemlock ring already looks pretty awesome, so I bet blocking will only improve it ... congrats on finishing! And that is one pretty sweet chair.

andi said...

Your hemlock looks wonderful! Ah and that chair...I am in love! Have a great weekend.

Sharon said...

Will make that pesto!! I'm not sure if this will work or not but another blogger made a shawl that has your name all over it. http://beadlizard.typepad.com/beadlizard/page/2/ I hope this directs you to this awesome pattern. If not - let me know and I can email it.

knitseashore said...

You are so lucky to find such a great chair! I hope the blocking goes well on your shawl. It's hard blocking something so big.