Tuesday, March 03, 2009

bandwagonesque

Just when I should be seaming the now-blocked pieces of my Ariosa Wrap Cardi or blocking my completed Opera Scarf, I instead cast on for a new project:
Ysolda's Ishbel, which is springing up all over the knitting blogosphere right now. I'm using the Plucky Knitter's MCN fingering in Nicholas & Alexandra and knitting the small (scarf) size. In a word, addicting. The stockinette portion knit up quickly while Paul and I watched the latest Indiana Jones movie. Wow, did it seem like a parody of Indy, almost on par with good ol' "Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold." I did enjoy Indy's advice to his archaeology student to "get out of the library," though. :-)

Also, I'm scouring Targets across WI and IL for specific goodies from the Orla Kiely line. Paul has even volunteered to help, as he works way out in the 'burbs where apparently Orla Kiely isn't as hot a commodity as in the city.
The latest issue of Midwest Living arrived in my mailbox today. Isn't the cover unusually cruel? Green grass and spring flowers with the tag "Spring Starts Now!"? Now?!?! I wish. Sigh..

No comments: