Thursday, May 22, 2008

land of WIPs

ETA: This agreement between VCU and Philip Morris is very, very sketchy. It goes against the entire ethos of the research university, especially the public research university.

Last weekend I headed out with some friends to the Indiana Sand Dunes along Lake Michigan. The lake was the most beautiful shade of aqua. Surprisingly, I saw quite a few butterflies!
This one was determined to be underfoot and nearly got stepped on.

The knitting is almost done for the Brea Bag -- just a few rows left on the gusset.
The finishing's going to be finicky. I had no idea purse straps were so expensive and hard to find (not to mention that most are bizarre looking)! If I had done my homework, I would have realized how pricey these were and bought enough yarn that I could knit the strap, too. Alas, it's not in the cards this time. On the flip side, I'm looking forward to picking out some cute fabric for the lining!

Speaking of fabric, have you seen Amy Butler's new Birdie Sling bag pattern? Very cute!

Bianca's Jacket is underway, in some good ol' Cascade 220:
The cats are having a wonderfully lazy morning. Lucky girls...

No comments: