Saturday, November 10, 2007

chugging along on the gift knits...

Midwest Moonlight is growing by leaps and bounds. It's an easy lace pattern, and the yarn (Elann Peruvian Baby Cashmere) is oh-so-soft. I did manage to screw up a bit while working on it at knit night, but the problem was easily remedied. I thought I had already learned the lesson not to knit lace at knit night, no matter how simple it is, but apparently not.
Holiday knitting is underway...
Milan Jacket from Louisa Harding's Natural Knits for Babies and Moms.

I'm using Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora bought in a closeout sale at WEBS. The yarn's a bit splitty, especially with Knit Picks metal needles; it's not so bad with bamboo needles. It's nice and soft to the touch, but it's hard on the hands and wrists, and I've read a couple not-so-great reviews of it (including this one).

Moment of Zen:
Capricha in one of her less dignified poses

No comments: