Saturday, May 05, 2007

decisions, decisions

After much pondering, I've decided on a yarn and pattern combination for my sockapalooza pal.
Fleece Artist Nova Sock yarn in a variegated cranberry red/brown/gold/plum colorway and the Diamond Lace sock pattern from Miknits. What's the reasoning behind this choice? My pal likes red and purple, geometric patterns, and fingering weight yarn. I need to sharpen my knitting skills with fingering weight yarn before I cast on for this one, though!

Speaking of socks knit with thicker yarn, Wendy has posted a free pattern for basic toe-up sportweight socks that I'm planning to try very soon.

My cats really do like to snuggle. Capricha's giving Kylie quite the thorough bath.

12 comments:

Leah said...

Oh pretty yarn & a very cool pattern! I'm sure your pal will love it!!!

La Cabeza Grande said...

This will definitely be a winner for your sock pal!

The kitties? Really cute! My boys like to cuddle up, too.

Anonymous said...

Lucky, lucky sock pal!!

And happy cats. I love to see happy animals.

sunneshine said...

The yarn is beautiful, I'm sure your pal will be psyched! And thanks for that toe up pattern, it looks great!

peaknits said...

Thank you for the link to the sport weight socks - I have this sekin and I was wondering what I was going to do...Love the yarn/ pattern choice for your sock pal!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi, Thanks for visiting my blog. I love Madison, too, and I love the area you used to live in. That Hilldale area has changed so much in the recent years,it's being completely renovated. Have a good weekend.
best, susie

nicole said...

mmmm..... Fleeeeeece Aaaaaartiiiiiiist......

Cats have the best life (except for the fact that they can't knit)

Jana said...

That sock yarn is so, so pretty. And it's Fleece Artist. Your pal is practically guaranteed to love it.

Chris said...

Lucky sock pal! Looks really yummy.

Aw, happy clean kitties. :)

Laura said...

Very nice combination for your sock pal ... I'm still in the thinking stage myself! :)

Also, that's a neat pattern. I've never made toe-up socks with a gusset heel, only a short-row heel. I'd like to give that a try.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful yarn that you chose - I think it'll work perfectly with the pattern and your pal is going to love it, no doubt about that!
My gosh, your kitties are *so* cute!!

Rebecca said...

i hope you have fun with that socakpalooza pal. the yarn looks lovely! and i'm printing off the pattern you're using for my own. i've wanted to do toe-up socks for quite some time now.