Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday's Yarn

Here's some project spectrum yarn goodness to make up for the lack of actual knitting content. I'm still surrounded by a mountain of final exams to grade.

131 Dove & 129 Enamel
85% merino wool, 10% silk, 5% cashmere


For those of you in the Chicago area, Loopy Yarns has a great sale on "winter" yarns (25% off anything with wool, alpaca, or mohair) through Sun. 3/18.

Blackwater Abbey actually sends out their color cards gratis, which I think is lovely. The colors are beautiful.

I'm really looking forward to getting away from the city this weekend. I've already selected my reading materials:
Now I just need to pack my knitting projects!

8 comments:

Mia said...

Reading is always a fun way to relax. And it is nice to see that you mix things up a bit. Only two books by Margaret Atwood. Enjoy your weekend.

janna said...

The Blind Assassin is one of my favorite books -- I hope you like it, too!

Jana said...

A knitting retreat! How neat is that? Especially with you and Karin cooking, I'm sure it will be a success. BTW the wavy scarf looks really neat, even if it was a boring knit!

Christy said...

Well I hope you had a nice break this weekend.

Anonymous said...

This yarn is so beautiful, especially the gray one! And great reading choices - I love M. Atwood! I hope you enjoyed your weekend!

sunneshine said...

I hope your weekend was great!! I love that aran tweed - it is so nice to knit with!! And such a pretty picture... The blackwater abbey is beautiful too, but itchy to me...

gradschoolknitter said...

I loved the Penelopiad... An interesting twist on one of my fav stories by one of my fav authors!

Anonymous said...

Ohh, Blind Assassin was a great book. I hope you enjoy...