Sunday, September 24, 2006

Back in the USA


I'm home from my vacation in Italy. Tuscany was absolutely beautiful, and our villa outside Florence was lovely. My family stayed in a 15th century farmhouse surrounded by a lemon garden. The views of the Arno River valley were amazing.

We visited many museums, but missed out on the Uffizi. Next time...

It was a great trip, but I wish I had spent more time relaxing and less time playing tourist. The jet lag is still with me, and I'm ready for bed.

Very little knitting news, except that the airport security confiscated my bamboo size 9 knitting needles. I hope that I can still rescue the scarf, since they spared the yarn.

2 comments:

Karin said...

They took bamboo needles? Was this in the US or in Europe? I always fly with my Denise needles, no questions asked, but of couse that is domestic flights only as I never really leave the country!

I am glad you had a good time on your trip, it looks beautiful just from that one picture.

Jana said...

The villa looks gorgeous. I know someone who went to Ireland recently, she was able to take her needles there but they confiscated them before the flight back. They were bamboo sock needles. Go figure. I'm flying in a couple of weeks, and as much as I really hate to not have my knitting I might just play it safe and take a book. Sigh...