Monday, August 07, 2006

On the knitting needles

A Booga Bag made of Noro Kureyon! The end is in sight on this one. Noro can be hard on the hands, and the wool is hot and itchy in the summertime, so I'll be glad to finish it off and felt it. It will be joined in the washing machine by another Noro Booga Bag in a different, earthy green/brown/turquoise colorway.


Here's a sweet little yellow baby blanket that I have been working on lately. I'm using #7 needles and Bernat Cottontots, a lovely all-cotton worsted weight yarn that just happens to be quite inexpensive! I've been trying to become more "green" lately, and I am disappointed to learn about just how many pesticides are used in growing cotton. I love this yarn, but a more environmentally friendly option would be Blue Sky organic cotton.

The pattern has great texture, and it's very easy to remember. I adapted it from the free pattern for "Tender Wraps III" from Kraemer Yarn Shop's old website. I'm not sure that it's available anymore, since their new website is now up and running at http://www.kraemeryarnshop.com/index.cfm.

No comments: