Friday, August 18, 2006

Gilmore Girls



I just watched the end of Season 2 again, and my heart just broke all over again when Chris told Loralei that Shari was pregnant. Seasons 1 and 2 of the show are my favorites. Even though I'm 28, I identify strongly with Rory. I was a lot like that when I was young, especially the voracious reading, the dedication, and the love of verbal wordplay. I especially like the episode where the headmaster at Chilton tells Rory that she needs to be a joiner. It was refreshing to have the episode end with Rory sitting at the lunch table with her Discman and a book.

I also wish that my relationship with my mother had been more like the relationship between Rory and Loralei. Hopefully I'll remember that when I'm ready to have children.

I have mixed feelings about next season, but I'll give it a shot.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Jodi I did not know you're a GG fan too! It's my favorite show (despite the ridiculous turns of this past season). Are you rooting for Lorelai to end up with Chris, or Luke? Personally I am just hoping to see Rory and Logan learn to act more like adults (like, that whole "cheating" scandal this past season...oy) and stay together at the end as overall I think Logan is a good guy.

I get along with my mom really well but not like Lorelai and Rory do. Of course we are 32 years apart, and not 16...I would think that has something to do with it!!

Jodi said...

I'm a huge GG fan! I'm rooting for Christopher now. I tired of the Luke-Lorelai relationship last season. I'm not a big fan of Logan. I think that Rory could use a new love interest. Her character has been going downhill for a couple seasons, too.