Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Basketweave baby blanket bound for Colorado



When I heard that my friend Carolyn who lives out in Colorado was pregnant, I knit this little green baby blanket. Carolyn's a little bit of a hippie -- she drives a hybrid car and loves daisies and tree nymphs, so I think that she will appreciate something handknit in green.

It's a basic basketweave pattern with seed stitch edging.

Yarn: Plymouth Encore, worsted weight, 75% acrylic/25% wool, 3 skeins
Needles: Clover bamboo circular, 8

It was a fairly quick knit. I could work on it while watching my Gilmore Girls DVDs! I would use this "pattern" again, but I would switch yarns. Maybe Blue Sky organic cotton? Or 2 strands of Bernat Cottontots held together, knit with bigger needles?

Plymouth Encore felt OK when I was knitting, but it feels a little plastic-y after washing. I think I'll try washing it in lavender Eucalan before I send it off in the mail.

No comments: