Friday, April 27, 2007

treats and things

Diane sent me a lovely package from across the pond. She's a Canadian living in Dublin, lucky girl. Just think of the acccess to Magners cider, Guinness, sheep, and wool...I'm so impressed by her artistic talents on this little card! She put sweet little tags on all the yarn, including some DB Cashmerino Aran for a pair of Fetching mitts, which I'm dying to knit, as well as some Kilcarra Aran Tweed, spun in Donegal, and even some of her beautiful blue handspun! This will make a beautiful edging on a larger project, I think. The UK magazine Knitting has some great patterns. There's also some cute country-style fabric to make a mini quilt and pillow (doesn't show up well in the photo, though).
And the treats? Quite lovely, indeed. I can personally vouch for both the tea and chocolate as quite delicious. I always love anything from L'Occitane, too. So decadent.Thanks again, Diane! What a lovely surprise on a grey, work-filled day. Not that Capricha is very happy about me working at the computer.
Good ol' cats, always looking for attention.
I've started a somewhat secret project that's appropriate for project spectrum, so here's just a sneak peek.

8 comments:

BrownPants said...

Ha! One of my cats does that manoeuvre with the keyboard! Esepcially when you're trying to type :)

Chris said...

Oh, poor mistreated kitty! ;) Fun swap goodies!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic package you've received - you're certainly a very lucky girl! Oh, that tea looks yummy! And mind you, I'm so curious to see more of your secret projects - the yarn looks so beautiful! Happy Knitting!

~Kristie said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog about my No Sheep for You review. I don't have an email address for you, so to answer your question, most of the womens sweaters were sized between 33" and 54" and one of the cardigans went up to 59". Hope that helps.

Nice gifts from Diane!! How fun to get something from Dublin.

knitnzu said...

Thanks for playing the critter contest...winner on monday...nice treats you got!

Diane said...

the KTE swap was fun. I was surprised you received your package so quickly...i am impressed with the postal service. i enjoy reading your blog...

miss ewe said...

Wow, nice package! I cannot get over your cat, laying across the laptop like that! TOO FUNNY!

Rebecca said...

oh sweet! that looks like a great treat!