Saturday, December 16, 2006

What have I been up to?

Here's the answer:
a little of this

a little of this

a lot of that

Way too much gift wrapping, and I'm not quite done.

Here's today's cookie recipe, another German family favorite.

Hazelnut Macaroons

Ingredients:
6 egg whites
4 C. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. ground hazelnuts
Colored sugar, for decorating

Directions:
Beat 6 egg whites stiff (for about 15 minutes). Add 4 cups sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla, beat until mixed -- save a small portion of this for use later.

Fold 1 pound ground hazelnuts into above major mixture. Gently is the key word here!

Drop above mixture on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 300 degrees for about 6 minutes.

Put a small dollop of egg white/sugar mixture on top of the hazelnut cookies, and sprinkle with colored sugar.

Bake at 300 degrees for about 2 minutes more.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I love your blog. I'm peeking from the knitter's coffee swap!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe! I love, love, love almond macaroons, so I can't wait to try these.

Jana said...

I keep developing this weird mental block against the wrapping. I think there's just too much of it, I start of happy and in the spirit and after like an hour I'm just ready to be done. Cookies would be a good way to get back in the spirit though! That looks like a great recipe!