Friday, December 08, 2006

holiday favorites

It's that time of year again! I'm starting my Christmas shopping this afternoon.
If you're looking for some holiday cheer, I highly recommend Celestial Seasonings' Candy Candy Cane Lane tea. This stuff is awesome. I buy it by the boatload in December so that I can drink it nearly year-round. Trader Joe's Cranberry Stollen is pretty darn good -- it's not quite as good as the stollen that my German grandmother used to make, but it has the added bonus of a marzipan filling.
The cats have been fighting and pointedly ignoring each other for a few days. They finally seem to have reconciled, in large part due to the chilly temperatures here in Chicago.

Another holiday favorite:
Bob Newhart is just awesome in this movie. If you don't like Will Ferrell, there's still a very good chance that you will enjoy this playful and light-hearted flick.

Reconciliation

I listened to my first podcast today. I can see why people are hooked on these things! Jana recommended The Knitting Cook podcast in a recent post, so I checked it out, and I give it a thumbs-up. This would be great in the car -- now I just need to get one of those iPod/car broadcast system thingies. Santa? Are you listening?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cranberry stollen looks yummy! I will have to get some to try. And cats are amazing about forgetting things when they want to get warm.....

Jana said...

I'm so glad you like the podcast! It's pretty neat. The car is probably where I listen to them the most, I find it really relaxing and other than the public jazz station out of Newark I sometimes listen too I have little patience for regular radio. And I have to keep an eye out for that tea! It sound really yummy!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you enjoy my podcast. What I did before my iPod was that I recorded episodes onto CD...that takes some time though, and is only economical if they're reburnable. Hope that you get an iPod soon! They're sooo convenient. I walk around with my headphones on while I take care of my little guys during the day. =)