Thursday, December 21, 2006

blue skye at morn

That's right -- another skye cap. The lace pattern is far more distinct this time. I'm using Plymouth Suri Merino again.

Things that are making me happy:

  • The new Anthropologie store that's just a short, 10-minute walk from my apartment. Fabulous for finishing off the Christmas shopping! Plus they're handing out these cute little yarn ball present toppers. Supposedly they contain a little snowflake ornament within; I'm resisting the urge to open one up and find out for certain. Anthropologie has not always appealed to me, but this new store has changed my mind.
  • The darling pom pom wreath on Kristin Nicholas' blog. It's colorful and whimsical, and it's a great way to use up odd bits of yarn. I'm going to enlist my mother's help in crafting oodles of pom poms while I'm home. I predict that next Christmas I'll be gifting many a wreath.
  • Ellie's army of Korknisse. 'Nuf said.
Grandma’s Sugar Cookies

1 C. butter, salted
1.5 C. sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3.5 C. unbleached all-purposed flour, sifted
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt

Cream butter; add sugar gradually, creaming until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Sift or whisk dry ingredients together; add gradually to creamed mixture. Chill thoroughly – at least 2 hours, or overnight. Roll out on well-floured surface to ¼ inch thickness. Cut in desired shapes. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet covered with parchment paper for 6-8 minutes at 375 degrees. Let cool, then frost and decorate.

Makes about 6 dozen cookies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not know there was a new Anthropologie store! I have seen their online catalog and it looks very nice. I've never been to one of their stores.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for my gorgeous ickle stocking I love it. Thank you for being my secret fairy.

Anonymous said...

I also like that pom-pom wreath. A project to start after the first of the year. And I am going to have to try some of your recipes here next week.