Sunday, October 01, 2006

what a long strange week it's been

The first week back at school is always a little rough. Exhilerating, but rough. I have a busy plate this quarter, but keeping busy helps me stay on top of things. With schoolwork, that is -- maybe not with the knitting, though.

I emerged from piles of books and papers to head to one of my favorite Chicago yarn stores, Loopy Yarns, to stock up on some supplies, namely lots of knitting needles. I couldn't resist a gorgeous skein of Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb, a 50% wool / 50% silk blend that is just luscious. I ended up choosing the colorway Tuscany, in honor of my recent trip. It was a tough selection, since many of the yarns are named after Chicago neighborhoods, and I really liked the Lakeview colorway (my neighborhood). Another time, I'm sure.

Here's Tuscany:


Here's Lakeview:

I have been knitting away at the Silk Garden scarf. I added the third ball of yarn today. I have decided that fringe is definitely the way to go this time!

No comments: