Sunday, October 15, 2006

I took a trip out of the city on Friday afternoon to an apple orchard and pumpkin patch in Indiana. Here are some of the fruits of my trip. I picked up plenty of apples, cider, and cider donuts, too. Yum!

The Boy has been working awful hours at the office lately, so he missed out on the orchard and proceeded to spend all day at work on Saturday, as well. :-(

I added fringe to my noro scarf for the ISE, and it looks great. It just needs a steam block, then it's winging its away across the country. I also added another two feet to my red lattice scarf.

My mother was in the hospital last week, and I'm planning a trip to Minneapolis for the upcoming weekend to cheer her up and help out my dad. I'm gathering up hearty, healthy recipes so I can cook them some meals while I'm there. Hopefully I can freeze them a supply of dinners. This is a bit of a challenge for me, since I don't eat red meat and I love spicy food. They eat plenty of red meat (and pork) and they can't take anything too spicy.

I'm also putting together a little gift package for my mom. I think I'll hit Paper Source for some card-making supplies, make her some CDs,
and select a couple movies.

You can tell it's getting colder around here. The cats are getting fluffier and snugglier, just how I like them.

5 comments:

Karin said...

That cat picture is so precious!!

How cool you were able to go to an orchard. That sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

Hope you mom is doing better and that you have a good trip.

Be watching the mail next week for some fun!

SP9

Jodi said...

Thanks for the comment, sp9! This is my first time in the sp exchange, and it seems like a lot of fun. I like the air of mystery that it has.

Anonymous said...

And I'm interested in the pumpking pattern. Do you think maybe you could post it as a link in your blog? Thanks!

SP

Mary Jane Hall said...

Is that cat in the front a Bengal? It's hard to tell from the way she's laying. I have a Bengal & she looks similar :-)