Monday, March 26, 2007

springtime at last

I visited my family in Minneapolis over the weekend. My parents have a very s*l*o*w dial-up connection; hence blogging has been light. We celebrated my b-day in advance, did some shopping, worked on the car (by the way, never buy a 2001 Chevy Malibu), visited the Walker Art Center and Mpls. Sculpture Garden, and cruised around the lakes for a bit. All in all a good weekend. It's unusual for Minnesota to be so balmy and lovely in March.

Here's one of the shopping highlights:

the Bastis cat tent from IKEA

100% Kylie-approved

Chris at Stumbling over Chaos had a contest last week, and I was one of the lucky winners. Here are my goodies:
Check this out:
Yes, this book has been signed by her excellency the Yarn Harlot herself.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky You!

Sharon said...

I'm liking the tent - much better than a grocery sack - but I bet it wouldn't slide across the floor as part of the vigorous pounce.

Karin said...

I have the cat tent too. My cats are chewers and they have eaten the whiskers and now they are all slimy and disgusting. So if yours are chewers too you might just want to cut the whiskers off the tent.

That prize you won is AWESOME! What a contest!

Chris said...

I'm SO glad you like the prizes and that you didn't already have the book. :) I've been tempted by that cat tent at IKEA, but I think May would eat it, bit by bit...

Hey, you were within blocks of where I live over the weekend!

Leah said...

Cutest cat tent ever!!!

Congrats on winning! That is so cool!

Sharon said...

An autographed book by the Yarn Harlot how cool is that?! Congrats on winning!

J said...

I love that cat tent. I wish I could get my dogs to use something like that. And I'm going to be briefly in Minneapolis tomorrow...at the airport.