Wednesday, March 28, 2007

project spectrum 2.0 socks

Just in the nick of time, my Feb/March Project Spectrum socks are off the needles and onto the feet. I'm modeling them with my comfy new Dansko clogs. Please ignore the somewhat hideous wool rug.
THE DETAILS

Pattern: Campfire Socks, a free Cider Moon pattern

Yarn: Cider Moon Glacier DK-weight superwash merino wool yarn in "Winter Twilight" -- less than 1 skein (253 yd) (available through their website or at the Loopy Ewe)

Needles: US 3 Unicorn KA bamboo DPNs

Gauge: 6.5 st/inch in stockinette, unstretched

What's up next? Some more socks for the new April/May Project Spectrum colors -- pink, yellow, and green. I'm going to use Cider Moon's Glacier yarn again, this time in "June Carter."

My daffodils are finally blooming. I have been so envious of the southern bloggers who have been showing off their spring flowers for nearly a month.

14 comments:

Jana said...

I just bought the Dansko 'Babette' from Zappos a few months ago! They are my first Dansko's and I adore them. I want to buy like 10 more pairs of Dansko's. The socks look great, I love the June Carter colorway. And the Sensational Knitted socks book is one of my fav's too! There's a new one coming out I'm dying to get soon!

Chris said...

Your socks are great!! I'm going to be knitting with those same colors, only in Sundara yarn.

Daffodils. Lucky you.

Sharon said...

That's a great sock and just what I need for some sock yarn I ordered from KnitPicks. The yarn's kinda busy so I've been looking for a simple pattern. Thanks for sharing.

Karin said...

Those socks(and those shoes!) are adorable!!

Mia said...

e the socks. Does this mean we have brought you over to the dark side? Now to get you knitting a fingering weight sock......

GirlyWithATwist said...

Love the daffodils!!!

Christy said...

The socks look like much fun with the new shoes. They seem to be getting along well.

Anonymous said...

Yours socks are lovely! I just purchased the Sensational Socks book myself, such a great book.

Yes, the malabrigo at Knit 1 is to drool for...

Leah said...

Great socks!! I love that pattern! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

the wool rug is not so bad. cute shoes and lovely socks!

nicole said...

And now I'm jealous of you, as we are still bloomless up North. It'll be a while till we see daffodils.

Your socks look so cute in your adorable shoes.

knitnzu said...

I found you in a link from Leah. I think we have the same rug...

the fabled needle (jen) said...

I still need to get around to making some socks - I love yours! They look great with the new clogs. (I'm a Dansko girl too.) :)

Sharon said...

I took my socks to our guild meeting today and someone asked me to email them the link for the pattern. It's so simple but effective. BTW, I was wearing my Danskos....