Friday, March 30, 2007

bittersweet 29

Today's reading material:

That's right, I'm turning 29 today, and I'm having a tough time deciding between Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Milk Chocolate Glaze and Mississippi Mud Cupcakes. I'm thinking either choice will be fine one.

I'm making a head start on the April/May colors for Project Spectrum. I'm one skein into a Falling Water Lace Scarf (by Bonnie over at Toward the Blue Peninsula), and I am seriously in love with both the pattern and the yarn. It's Elann's Peruvian Baby Cashmere, a fingering-weight alpaca/merino/cashmere mix, and it is unbelievably wonderful to knit. The best part? It's very, very affordable. :-)

Paul came home from work with some beautiful purple tulips for me, but we're going pretty low-key on the celebrations today. My rather frail grandmother is in the hospital, and I'm waiting by the phone to hear how her emergency surgery went.

In lighter news, have you heard about the NIT champions? Check out this T-shirt logo. Just think, some people don't think spelling is very important.

13 comments:

sunneshine said...

Apparently that extra letter would have made the shirt too expensive... And really who would miss one of three i's in Virginia - LOL... Love the scarf - it really is gorgeous....

Chris said...

Happy birthday!! That scarf is gorgeous. Hee hee - measure twice, cut once... ;)

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a Happy Birthday. It was my daughter's 16th as well. A great day for a birthday I guess.

I hope your grandmother is doing well.

Karin said...

Happy birthday! I am sorry about your grandmother, I hope she's OK!

See you tonight!

Micki said...

Happy, happy birthday! And best wishes to your grandmother.

Your scarf is looking lovely! That pattern is on my "must knit" list too.

Mia said...

I hope your grandmother is okay. And now we know who does the test that I take. Believe it or not there were more misspelled words on the retest. And one was so obvious that they missed it.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Sharon said...

Happy belated birthday. Hope your grandma is on the mend. Granddaughter/grandmother relationships are extra special as I saw between my mother and my daughter and I'm sure is between the two of you.

Christy said...

Happy Birthday. I hope that the cupcakes were great.

Anonymous said...

Both look gorgeous.

nicole said...

First, and most importantly, I hope your grandmother is on the road to recovery. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Second happy (belated) birthday. I hope you treated yourself and had both kinds of cupcakes.

Third, that scarf is just lovely. Affordable cashmere you say? I need to get me some of that!

Anonymous said...

BTW...would you please check the link for the scarf? For some reason it takes me back to the Cupcake book. Thanks.

Rebecca said...

YUM and happy belated b-day.

annarella said...

You're right, the scarf is truly delectable!!

Happy belated birthday :)