Saturday, September 09, 2006

Fall's in the air, scarf's on the needles




I started a scarf for my partner in the International Scarf Exchange, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. The photo's a little dark -- I could use a little camera & photoshopping practice. It's not just the photo quality, though. The yarn doesn't showcase the pattern very well.

Yarn: Adrienne Vittadini, Nadia
Needles: Size 9 Clover bamboo straights
Pattern: Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf by Karen Baumer(free pattern)

I swatched for this scarf in Noro Silk Garden, too, and it looks lovely, but it feels scratchy as all hell. Any opinions? Does Silk Garden soften up after washing enough to be wearable?

Tomorrow I'm leaving the city and heading to the woods for an orienteering event. I haven't gone orienteering since I was in junior high, but the idea of spending some time in the fresh air with friends sounds great. When I told my mother that I was doing this, she immediately burst into laughter and said, "I'll pray for you. Make sure to bring your cell phone." Not much faith in me from that one, huh.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Hi Jodi! That is so funny you just used Elaine for the baby sweater and you're making the multidirectional diagonal scarf. I really like that scarf pattern, it's basic and easy to memorize but fun to do. I knit a Clapotis scarf with Silk Garden last year. I think it does get less scratchy with use, and I just can never resist those great colors!

Karin said...

Orienteering, sounds fun! I don't have much experience with Silk Garden but it is so pretty.