Thursday, November 02, 2006

secret pal surprise


I found a wonderful package at my door when I arrived home yesterday. My secret pal sent me the pattern for beginner socks (perfect for me!) and superwash wool sock yarn, "Big Mexiko" in a great self-patterning colorway. There's also tropical trail mix that will make for some yummy snacking, Brittany (luxurious!) size 1 DPNs for a fair isle mitten project that I have in mind, and needle keepers. Everything was so thoughtful, and I am oh-so-pleased!

I sent my secret pal a package over a week ago, but I haven't heard any feedback yet. Hopefully the USPS didn't lose it.

Paul and I finally succumbed and got cable TV. Our TV reception has been absolutely horrible for 2 years, so that's the real attraction. It has been at least 5 years since I've had cable, and I was a little afraid that it would be addicting. That doesn't seem to be the case, though, 'cause there's still not much I would like to watch! I may have to add BBC America to the lineup to make up for all that ESPN Paul will be watching.

Kylie is very happy about the increased potential for TV watching and cat snuggling this winter.

3 comments:

Leah said...

What a great package!

We were without cable for 4 years and I finally got my anti-TV husband to give in with the prospect of the history channel, adult swim & BBC america.

It's addictive depending on what you like! Trust me! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked the package. It was fun picking out the yarn. My LYS had some great colors and weights, but I know you like blues (and I do too), so I thought this might be fun. And a heavier weight yarn will help keep your feet warm during those cold Chicago winter days. In fact, I'll be up in that area in about six weeks. Don't know if I'll make it all the way into the city though. But there is a yarn shop out in the far west suburbs that I found over a year ago and I plan to make a repeat visit. Oh, and I have to go to IKEA and Trader Joes. So much fun!

SP

Anonymous said...

Be careful: socks and BBCA are addictive! Consider yourself warned.....LOL....