Friday, January 25, 2013

fo: feather and fan

I'm back on the feather-and-fan bandwagon. It's my favorite stitch pattern, hands down. 
pattern: Lillie Baby Cardigan, by Laura Edwards
yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted, cranberry, 1 skein (225 yds)
needles: Clover US 8 and 9 bamboo circs and DPNs
size: 0-3 months

notes:
Such a sweet little pattern! I used size 8 needles for the stockinette sections and size 9 for the feather-and-fan bits.

Since the finished projects on Ravelry all looked kind of long, I did 8 repeats of the feather-and-fan pattern on the body of the sweater. It might still be kind of long! We'll see how the length looks once it's worn by the intended recipient. : )
-------------------------------------
in the kitchen

I'm really enjoying the blog Skinnytaste lately -- some great, easy recipes! A few of our favorites so far:

- avocado egg salad (I skipped the yogurt and used regular mayo, as the light stuff seems kind of creepy)

- crock pot buffalo chicken wraps (added extra Frank's Red Hot, served them on tortillas, and skipped the dressing, using crumbled blue cheese instead)

- crock pot Santa Fe Chicken (substituted fresh garlic and onions for the powdered versions)

6 comments:

teabird said...

Feather and fan is my favorite stitch, too. It looks good in solids, variegateds - anything. The sweater is really cute!

Rue said...

I'm really enjoying you parade of baby FOs! Friends of ours just had twin boys and I'm on the lookout for new patterns. They're a great excuse to peruse Ravelry!

Tracy Altieri said...

Darling sweater - and wonderful recipes - I love to use my crock-pot.

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

I've been reading Skinnytaste lately too. I've not tried any of the recipes yet (with DH being vegetarian only some of them are practical for our household) but I've been pinning her posts like crazy!

Hilary said...

Yeah, feather and fan is awesome. I just finished Levenwick (from The Shetland Trader/BT Wool People) and was loving all the F&F goodness. Your little sweater is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I absolutely love baby knits.