Thursday, August 07, 2008

more owl-y goodness

May I present Owl hat numero tres:
Pattern: Owl Hat, by Ruthie Nussbaum
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino, Charcoal, less than 1 ball
Needles: US 6 Clover bamboo circs

Another one for Paul, as his last one stretched out with wear. I reduced the number of stitches (88 total after the ribbing), used smaller needles, and moved the owl cable pattern closer to the ribbing. I'm not sick of the pattern yet!

Though I still have the sleeves left to knit on my February "me" sweater, I'm already swatching for my next sweater:
Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk for Ysolda's gorgeous Liesl (round neck, 3/4 sleeves).

A family friend recently gave me a treasure trove of silver and silverplate serving dishes. Gorgeous stuff, far too elegant for my current lifestyle, but I'm excited to display and use them sometime down the road. So I'm knitting her a hat and scarf set as a *very small* token of my appreciation. The hat is done (and I'll be sharing the pattern soon, so no pic yet), but the Lacy Waves scarf is a WIP.
EXCEPT... I somehow managed to lose the other knitting needle. How exactly does one lose a size 10.5 bamboo needle? Craziness. The scarf's not thrilling me anyway, so I may frog and pick something else that works on a different size of needle, as I'm too busy with school & work right now to make it to a yarn store (I'd rather spend that time knitting, enjoying a glass of wine with Paul, and snuggling with my sweet kitties).
------------------------
Listening :: The Replacements, Don't Tell a Soul (love that 1980s Minnesota rock scene)

Reading :: Elizabeth Jane Howard, The Light Years & Marking Time (vols . 1 & 2 of the Cazalet Chronicle)

No comments: