Wednesday, April 16, 2014

spring cleaning, part 3, or, block party

Two more projects washed and blocked as part of the spring cleaning knitalong! Phew, does it feel good to clear the decks. Now if only I could get motivated to wash the windows and do some actual spring cleaning...

 pattern: honey cowl, by Antonia Shankland
yarn: Briar Rose Fibers Celebration, .6 skein
needles: US 8 bamboo circs

notes:
I picked up this yarn at the 2009 Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair. The Briar Rose booth is always one of my favorites to visit, and I linger there far too long since there are so many beautiful yarns that it's hard to choose. Celebration (sadly discontinued) is a 60/40 merino/bamboo blend, with plenty of sheen and drape. There's plenty of yarn left to make a coordinating hat (pattern suggestions are welcome!).

This pattern is easy and intuitive -- perfect knitting while tending to baby or at knit night. The length is great and perfect for doubling up. I don't love the rolled edge, so next time I knit this pattern (which I will!), I may skip it.

I'll post details on the other project soon.

6 comments:

Ness said...

Oh wow! That yarn is stunning! I can't wait to see what that other thing blocking in the background is. :)

Tracy Altieri said...

Lovely! Ocean colors!

Hilary said...

Whatevs, the windows and house can wait. :) Your Honey Cowl is gorgeous! I had the pleasure of working with Briar Rose Celebration a few years ago and loved it...I'm bummed to hear it's been discontinued! But I think you found the perfect use for your special skein...I look forward to hearing what you do with the rest of it!

Rue said...

Your honey cowl looks so much more sophisticated than the psychedelic one I made for tadpole a few weeks ago! It's such an addicting pattern - I'm looking forward to using it again.

Let the windows wait. In a couple of years Erik will think cleaning them is a game. It worked in my house ...

Caffeine Girl said...

Beautiful Honey Cowl. A Grace Lace hat might go well with it.

Caffeine Girl said...

Beautiful Honey Cowl. A Grace Lace hat might go well with it.