Wednesday, April 09, 2014

spring cleaning, part 2, or, Elsie revisted

Another project done and dusted! This wee cardi just needed blocking and buttons.

yarn: Rowan Wool Cotton, 2 skeins
needles: US 6 (4.0 mm)
 size: 6 months
my ravelry project page

notes:
Another Elsie Cardigan off the needles! I think this is no. 3. Great little pattern knit from the top down. I do think the sizing runs a bit small. I keep knitting this pattern since I love working the crochet picot edging at the end. Rowan Wool Cotton is nice to knit, but I'm not sure how well it washes and wears. Oh well, it just went to a fellow knitter's sweet new baby, so at least it won't get put through the dryer on high!
--------------------------------------------------
 This is how Erik likes to wear his crochet earflap hat:
And this is how I like him to wear his hat
 Silly boy!

8 comments:

Hilary said...

Hahaha, what a hilarious little dude! You KNOW he does that to mess with you! :)

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

love both of these--so glad you linked ot the patterns..off to queue!

peaknits said...

Oh my, he is a living doll! Adorable little sweater as well, good to know it runs small for future reference. Cute, cute, cute!

Stephanie said...

That's hysterical! Such a cute hat model! (sjn821 on Rav)

Caffeine Girl said...

Love the way he wears the hat! But it's a shame to cover up such a darling face.

Rue said...

Love those pics of Erik in his hat! He's developing such a great personality (and I'm so glad we got to see him - and you - last weekend).

No worries on the sweater care front! I have a happy spitter so it's easy to add one more sweater to the hand wash pile.

Tracy Altieri said...

Too sweet! How quickly he has become a little person!

Ness said...

it's a beautiful sweater! Look at Erik in his sweet hat! :)