Thursday, June 24, 2010

FO: second in a series

Today has been a very good day. Beautiful weather, the end of a taxing project at the journal, the start of a new round of guitar lessons tonight, and I just had a nice telephone chat with my wonderful parents (it's their 49th wedding anniversary today, holy cow!).
---------------------------------------
first the knitting...

Second in a series of FO posts, but fourth in a series of Opera Scarves (see #1, #2, and #3).
Pattern: Opera Scarf, by Deb Peterson (rav)
Yarn: The Plucky Knitter Merino Cashmere Nylon Sport, 1 skein
(sadly I'm not sure of the colorway)
Needles: Clover US 9 bamboo straights
~ my ravelry project page ~

Notes:
This pattern's always a quick and easy knit, and I love this yarn! Sarah's MCN sport yarn is so soft and buttery. I only had 1 skein (250 yds.), so the scarf's on the shorter side.

I wish I had dug out my blocking wires, as you can kind of tell where I pinned it out. We moved recently, though, so I'm counting myself lucky just to have found my blocking squares and pins!
---------------------------------------
then the swapping...

A lovely, thoughtful parcel arrived on my doorstep today, from Lauree:
So many lovely goodies! This is for the Super Crafty Swap, which I loved doing because it wasn't just an excuse to buy things. It truly was a swap. It's a way to send on perfectly nice things from your stash that you might not get around to using, but that someone else will appreciate. You can include up to $10 worth of goodies, too, but that's not the emphasis. I sent a parcel to Debby.
Not only did Lauree send me a nice array of yarns (including LB Nature's Choice Organic Cotton, which I love), books, super cute ribbon trims, wool for felting, and embroidery floss and designs, but she made me the sweetest little tea carrier, stocked with tea of course. Perfect to pop in my purse for tea on the go! Plus she made a very cute envelope-style needlecase.

I already have plans for the whimsical kitchen-themed fabrics -- a quilted cover for my new/used Kitchen Aid stand mixer!
---------------------------------------
and finally the thrifting

Yep, I can't believe I didn't already have one of these either... I stopped by a moving sale on my way home from campus today and picked up this lovely lady, a vintage Kitchen Aid K45, still chugging along just fine.
One other item came home with me from the moving sale. It's a surprise for Paul (for which I've already enlisted the help of my handy father), so I can't reveal that one just yet.

7 comments:

barefootrooster said...

oh, yay! i am babysitting a kitchen-aid this summer, and i don't even know what i should make first! hooray for great garage sale finds. (and finding your blocking wires!)

peaknits said...

I'm so excited about my super craft swap package - I can't wait! Yours looks awesome! And what a great find - I love my kitchenaid - trusty little powerhouse!

Rose said...

Kitchen Aid's are the best! I've had mine for close to 20 years now; one of the few things i took from the divorce and it's still going strong. Classic white. Love the scarf too, thanks for the link.

Chris said...

Belated happy anniversary to your parents! And congrats on the Kitchen Aid - what a great find!

Love the color of that scarf.

sula said...

Ok, ok, I'll make an opera scarf! Yours are just too pretty. And score on the Kitchen Aid! Hope you love it.

kim said...

Wow, total score on that mixer. I use mine for EVERYTHING, including meatloaf. I am not sure that I would ever cook without it. Love the opera scarf. I keep thinking about making one, and then forget it until I see yours. Have a great weekend.

雅筑雅筑 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.