Tuesday, June 08, 2010

back in the saddle again

Phew, I've spent the past few weeks running around like a crazy person. We moved into our new place, spent a week unpacking and organizing, then hosted house guests (including an adorable 2 year old boy) last weekend.

I started going through knitting and reading withdrawal about a week ago, with my fingers just itching to SSK and K2tog and to page through books rather than simply arrange them on shelves.

Kylie's still enamored of my long-term crochet project, the stripy (human) blanket:
2/3 of the boxes have been unpacked, and it's now completely livable around here, though not exactly ready for a Martha Stewart photo shoot. I rather get the impression that the last 1/3 of the boxes aren't exactly essential for everyday life, as we seem to be managing just fine without them.

Next on the agenda is tending to the blocking pile:
That's a lot of knitting, my friends. Prepare for a number of FO posts over the next couple of weeks!

14 comments:

Helen (Fuss Free Flavours) said...

Ha! I have a sewing the ends in pile. Somewhere. Must get them done and on Ravelry.

barefootrooster said...

hooray for being mostly settled in your new place! can't wait to see what you've been knitting!

Chris said...

Congrats on being moved!!

peaknits said...

Glad you are getting all settled - and clearly kitty is too! I am not a fan of blocking, I'm poor at it - but I am envious of that big ole pile of goodies you have ready!

sula said...

Congrats, you did it! I always forget how absolutely disruptive moving is. And I'm jealous and amazed that you still have FO to share!

Caffeine Girl said...

I'm always tempted to just trash those last boxes when I move. But I've never actually done it!

Looking forward to the FOs

La Cabeza Grande said...

Isn't it funny what moving can do to your perception of what you "need" versus what you think your need? Now you can simply store the last third of the boxes, no?

Kylie looks quite comfy on her blanket. :P

Kari said...

That's a big pile of blocking. Can't wait to see it done.

Sharon said...

You've been busy! There are still a couple of boxes in the garage that we never did unpack and I don't feel like thinking about what to do with the contents, so they are still out there. Don't do as I do!

Gigi said...

Gaaahh -- isn't moving the most overwhelming chore?! Know you're glad to be seeing the finish line.
And what an interesting looking pile of FO's you have there -- can't wait to see what you've been up to.

nicole said...

Wow, you have been busy. That's an impressive pile. Can't wait to see it all!

mel said...

That is a whole lot of knitting there!! Can't wait to see what it becomes :)

And your Wisconsin weekend sounds really wonderful!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
knitseashore said...

So happy for you that you are settled in your new place! Kyle seems pretty content too.

I'm looking forward to seeing your FOs when you get a chance to block them.