Wednesday, March 03, 2010

granny square madness continues

My Noro granny square is still in progress. While watching the Olympics last week I added 6 more skeins of Noro Cash Island (from Little Knits -- thanks for the tip, blog readers!), as well as a whole skein of brown Fishermen's Wool. That's another 1100 yards of yarn, my friends, and it's still not quite big enough. Time to buy more Fishermen's Wool! Thank goodness it's affordable.
I'm also knitting a sample Mother Bear Project teddy bear for my knitting circle's upcoming retreat. This little guy doesn't look like too much yet, but he'll be cute once he gets his ears, face, scarf, and a bit more stuffing. Really very easy to knit, but the seaming's a bit intense.

We're doing this pattern as a KAL, as well as those super cute French Press Felted Slippers that have been spreading like wildfire in the knitting community.

Clearly I didn't go for the gold with my Rosamund cardigan, but it is coming along nicely, and it was wise not to overdo it on my wrists.
-----------------------------------------------------

a frighteningly apt comic over at xkcd:

13 comments:

barefootrooster said...

that granny square is bee-yoo-ti-ful. seriously. i think i need to learn to crochet. and i love the comic.

Anonymous said...

Love the afghan and the cartoon. I feel like a few brain cells go every time I talk to my cats. They're much smarter than I am.

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

The afghan is gorgeous! And the comic was too funny!

Mia said...

That will be one very large granny square. I have been setting aside sock yarn for the Babette blanket. Just smaller squares. Maybe you can try that next.

And almsot every one goes stupid when they see a cat. Unless they live with one.

Katie M. said...

The blanket is so lovely! Even if it is a yarn-eating monster. And the cartoon is frighteningly apt ...

Chris said...

I love xkcd!

Next time we see that blanket, I picture it like the fish afghan on Knitting Princess - growing and growing and growing...

Kara said...

Oh, how I am loving that granny square!

Sharon said...

Your mother bear is awesome. I am suddenly obsessed with knitting 3-D objects. I want one of my own!

Hilary said...

Your granny square blanket is just STUNNING. I want to make one of those so badly, and yours is just taunting me!

The cartoon...hilarious. I don't think I even use much baby-talk around babies, but put me around a kitty....babbling idiot.

La Cabeza Grande said...

Meow, says I. Meow.

AMIT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathy said...

It's funny to me that so many people are going to crochet and granny squares after I finally gave them up to my new knitting addiction. Of course, mine were out of red heart and never as rich in color as yours! Beautiful. I love that cartoon. There has been a marked increase in the number of inane statements in this house for certain!

Helen said...

I love this and think that this may be the final push I need to really start crocheting.