Friday, April 17, 2009

Ishbel the second

Ishbel Mosaic

Pattern: Ishbel, by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Malabrigo Silky Merino ~ Teal Feather ~ 2.75 skeins
Needles: Clover US 8 bamboo circs
Size: small

Notes:
I've said it many times, but I'll say it again -- Ishbel is a wonderful pattern to knit. The Silky Merino is soft and has a fabulous sheen. This yarn was calling out my name loud and clear while I was at Nina, my favorite Chicago yarn store, in March.

Two more projects have jumped off my needles over the past two days, and I'm on pace to finish up my Malabrigo cowlneck tonight or tomorrow.
---------------------------------
There are tons of wonderful new patterns right now. Here's just a few of the things I'm dying to make:

- The Purl Bee's Checkerboard Lace Scarf
- Leslie's Package Pillows (the tutorial is up!)
- The Purl Bee's Sunny Tied Quilt
- The Yarnigans' Marisol Mouse
- The Shetland Trader's Moch Cardi (I'd love to use Silky Merino for this, but it would be too expensive and impractical, so I'm thinking about budget-friendly Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool)

No comments: