Friday, April 24, 2009

anticipation

First, the knitting front...
Pattern: Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl, by Sarah Bradberry
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden #269, 4.75 skeins
Needles: US 8

Notes:
I accidentally grabbed size 8 needles instead of 9 when I left for my knitting retreat last month. D'oh! This pattern has more drape when it's knit at a little looser gauge. The subtlety of this natural/white Noro colorway really appeals to me. It does seem a little less soft than my other Silk Garden projects, though.
---------------------------
I ordered this very cute handcrafted fabric cat basket; as soon as I opened up the package, each cat took a turn in it. Here's Kylie:
Yep, both girls are a little too "robust" for the basket; neither has given it a second try. No matter, I'm repurposing it into a knitting basket:
P.S. That's my Debbie Bliss drop collar cabled jacket in the works. I shouldn't have worried so much about the yarn. The cables are popping quite nicely, and it has a wonderful, nubby, but still soft, texture. Mmmm... Beaverslide.
---------------------------
I've got an awfully good feeling about this weekend...

- seeing Neko Case at the Chicago Theatre tonight
- walking down the lakeshore to the Green City Market, where Alice Waters (!) has a book signing tomorrow morning
- heading to the 3 Floyds Brewery in Munster, Indiana, for the annual release of their award-winning Dark Lord beer tomorrow afternoon

Hey, it's a pretty good weekend already, as I've already gone for a walk with a friend along Lake Michigan in the sunshine, enjoying this unusually lovely, warm day (80s!). I also got to try out the air conditioning in my new-to-me Jeep -- it actually works! [The Malibu's a/c hasn't worked since 05 -- stupid GM -- I don't really want any taxpayer dollars funding their lemons, although I feel awful for the workers, the state of Michigan, and the related industries. Also, now the Malibu's windshield wipers have gone haywire -- they won't turn off!!!]

No comments: