- Knit Picks is having a sale! I ordered enough Andean Silk in "leaf" for the aran bag from a few posts ago. The plan is to line it with some pink and green print fabric from Heather Bailey's Freshcut line.
- This French cross-stitch website features lovely free patterns available for download. Check out the "grilles et diagrammes" section first.
- I'm making this delicious and incredibly easy " very strawberry cheesecake" for a knitting/crafty party tonight. If you don't mind the unnatural ingredients of Cool Whip, this is the perfect fruity dessert to make in advance when you don't want to heat up the oven.
No-bake freezer desserts are my new summer thing. Don't get me wrong, I love a good rhubarb crisp, but it irks me to heat up the kitchen. Here's what I made for a BBQ last night:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
Oreo pie crust
Breyer's peanut butter cup ice cream, slightly softened
2 T. peanut butter
crushed/crumbled peanut butter cookies (substitute oreos or choc. chip cookies or omit)
Hershey's chocolate syrup
Spread peanut butter over bottom of pie crust. Layer ice cream on top, filling crust just under half way. Sprinkle cookie crumbs. Drizzle chocolate syrup. Add another layer of ice cream and smooth gently with spatula. Top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup. Freeze, covered, for 2+ hours.
The concept is incredibly versatile. Here are a few more ideas:
- mint chocolate chip ice cream with a layer of peppermint patties and chocolate syrup
- French silk ice cream with chocolate cookie crumbles and hot fudge sauce